About Me

Saturday, January 6, 2024

New York Rangers Jersey Concept Set

     Hey, everybody! Welcome to my first jersey concept posted on this new website. And what better way to kick off the new post than to go with the team I decide to stay with after jumping from one team to another. Please welcome the Broadway Blueshirts: the New York Rangers.

    Now we all know that the Rangers jersey set is untouchable. The iconic wordmark placed diagonally on their blue sweater has always been a mainstay of their history (if you ignore what someone did to them in the mid-70s, that is). But while I was trying to come up with a Rangers jersey, I remember once seeing a concept where their wordmark is placed on its sleeves instead of the usual chest area. That's the moment the light bulb on my head lit up and so I got to work crafting one. The results are in the picture below.


    What you're looking at is a sorta combination of what I briefly described earlier and the John Ferguson-era mid-70s failed rebrand (which is what the link above is showing). Rather than going with the typical 'RANGERS' wordmark, I decided to go with their team's initials and apply it on the sleeves. Speaking of which, the stripe on the full-length yoke is taken from the striping of their iconic home jersey, resulting in a Rangers jersey that's more suited to the Stadium Series match than the regular season. Other than that, the rest is all just your standard Rangers affair. The font number and text are still here, as are the helmet, glove, and socks. The pants, however, are a slight modification of their actual ones to better fit my concept.

    The away jersey is the same affair, only this time with their actual away jersey. This, in turn, made the full-length yoke much more noticable than the home jersey, where it's a bit more subtle in comparison.


    To top it off this page, I also made a Lady Liberty-inspired version of it, complete with the Lady Liberty Logo itself, and plenty of silver just like their well-known alternate. Both jerseys now have full-length yokes that are coloured to bring in some contrast: red from home and navy blue for away. Consider this a new, unorthodox look for an Original 6 team.

    What did you think of my concept? Let me know by dropping your comments down below. Have a great day, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Winnipeg Jets Jersey Concept

      Welcome back, folks. You might notice that I've updated the colour scheme of my blog site has gone from dark blue & white to d...